Sending you love and prayers. And those prayers will continue for you. In this time of the Coronavirus pandemic there is a lot of instruction on how to stay healthy. Physical health is all something you and I are working on. The same should be true for your spiritual health. Make sure you’re staying spiritually strong because spiritual health affects everything.
In light of this, I wanted to submit to you a short list of spiritual things that will strengthen you and position you to be a blessing to your country. It’s a spiritual fitness list.
It’s basic. You may already be doing all of these things but take a minute and read over it. If there’s anything missing in your life, then take a moment to include it.
You may feel this is obvious but I want to encourage you to be praying for each of your family members everyday. Take communion. You can even anoint the doorways of your house and declare His word, “as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24.
Spiritual fitness is the same as physical fitness, it is not the thought that counts. Show up. Do it. You won’t regret it.
- Be Grateful: “Give thanks in every circumstance for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- Be Worry Free: “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7
Take time to write down and give each concern to the Lord. Once you give it to Him, leave it with Him. Ask Him for peace. He will help you.
- Be Sorry: “…If I send a plague among My people, and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin and heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:13-14
- Be Prayerful: “Pray without ceasing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- Be Activated: “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10
- Be Connected: Stay connected with God and with one another at a safe distance.
My prayer for you in closing is from Romans 15:13:
“Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit…”
With you before His Throne,
P.S. If you are wanting to strengthen your connection with God, sign up for my devotional, “Draw Near.” It’s one of the most powerful booklets I’ve written and I know you will be blessed: kathleendillard.com/daily-devotionals/draw-near/
Give To The Ministry
This content is made available by your generous support. If you’ve been blessed thank you for your help.