Did you know as wickedness increases, “the love of most will grow cold.” Matthew 24. Why? Because people will be overwhelmed. Afraid. In survival mode.
I can’t speak for you but my guess is that you don’t want to be among the ‘most’ whose love grows cold.
When wickedness increases, this will be the hour of need. And in this hour isn’t it our greatest moment to shine?
If that’s something you want to do, then here’s a few steps you and I can take now so we’re fit for action when evening descends:
1. Practice doing good deeds on a regular basis. (Hebrews10:24-25)
2. You can’t care about everything but chose one thing in the news each day and offer a short prayer over it. (Hebrews11:6)
3. Avoid calloused, sarcastic or fatalistic speaking, both as a listener and as a speaker. (Psalm 141:3)
4. Be in the habit of saying thank you to each person who helps you (even if they’re getting paid to help you).
5. Be the person who makes the extra effort (change the toilet paper role; pick up that piece of trash you didn’t throw down; do something you don’t have too).
Love is a choice. Being hot or cold is too. Staying engaged in this wild world is becoming more costly. But not being involved is the most expensive of all.
Remember, “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ~Edmund Burke
In His Love and Mine,
Thank you Kathleen for this good Word of encouragement and for your prayers for the Bibleless and Oral Bibleless…they are both keeping our hearts on our love and joy for God and what are God’s priorities.
Thank you Kathleen. We always enjoy your work! <3
Such a wise and timely word (as always.)
Thank you for this advice: A go way to keep focused.
Wonderful and timely post. Many thanks Kathleen .<
This is great, practical advice! Thank you.