“Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” -Matthew 11:29
Jesus said His yoke is easy and His burden is light. Have you ever thought about the reason why His yoke is easy and His burden is light? I was meditating on this and came up with five reasons (If I had enough time, I could come up with many more.)
Why is His yoke easy and His burden light?
1. Because He is carrying it with you.
2. Because nothing is too difficult for Him.
3. Because His design is that we lean into Him and not the burden.
4. Because the yoke belongs to Him and He is there holding it.
5. Because at the end of the day, it’s not about us carrying the burden, it’s about you and I leaning into the burden-bearer.
This is what God says to our hearts right now: “Learn from me,” says the Lord, “Draw near, put your head on My shoulder and open your ears. I am the God of all hope. I have endless solutions for what baffles you. I am the God who speaks. I release wisdom and revelation. But do not expect Me to tell you everything all at one time unless you run away and forget Me. Come learn from Me, and you will find rest for your soul.”
“For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. “ -2 Chronicles 16:9
“For who is God besides the LORD? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure.” -Psalm 18:31-32