Recently, I was talking to a friend of mine who’s been engrossed and tangled up in a major spiritual battle. They were stressed out, wrung out, and still getting completely bombarded by various huge assaults of the enemy. And suddenly I just said, “Look, where’s your song? Face this battle with your song to God! When you get up and you step out into your new day, do it with a song, let it go before you.” She was tired, then laughed and said, “You know, I don’t feel like I have very much energy, but for sure I can move into this battle with a song.”
I want to give you five reasons why finding the song of the Lord for you is powerful when you’re in the heat of the battle.
- God inhabits the praises of His people.
- It puts your focus on the One who can intervene.
- It reveals that your trust must be in another source.
- It puts you in a better mood to face and deal with the things that are in front of you.
- It does impact the spiritual atmosphere around you.
“The Lord is my strength and my shield, my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. For my heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song.”
– Psalm 28:7