Patience: that’s the word that God put on my heart for you today. Patience – that dreaded word that you and I never want to pray for. Don’t worry, it’s not in the Bible as much as you might think it is. In the New American Standard, it appears 20 times. In the New International Version, it appears 16.
It’s listed in 1 Corinthians 13 – “Love is patient.” In Galatians 5, it’s listed as a “fruit of the Spirit.” In the dictionary, it says that patience is, “the capacity to endure hardship or inconvenience without complaint.”
Edmund Burke says, “Our patience will achieve more than our force.”
Here’s five points that God put on my heart today about patience. If this applies to you, will you just open up your heart and embrace what He’s saying to you?
1. God says: “Ask Me for strength. Patience is supernatural, not natural.”
2. Pray while you’re waiting. Patience does not mean “inactivity,” it means activity with intentionality.
3. The Lord is saying, “I have comfort for you during worship. Come, and drink deep.”
4. Cultivate hope – dream! Imagine the answer that you’re having to be patient for before the Lord.
5. A reward awaits your patient heart.
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” –Romans 15:13
God bless you, and let’s run forward with Him.